With regard to development and change, OpenAI is excelling. One more updated AI tool has been released by Open AI. Open AI released Code Interpreter as soon as everyone had adjusted to ChatGPT’s modifications. Data professionals all over the world are alarmed now that ChatGPT is capable of anything. Do they get new opportunities or do they lose their jobs because of it? Data analysis is made available through Code Interpreter to people who previously lacked the skills and knowledge to take advantage of it. Furthermore, as more business stakeholders engage with data, they will have more inquiries, which will increase the demand for knowledgeable data experts.
Read Also: How to Use ChatGPT with Siri on your iPhone
What is the ChatGPT Code Interpreter?
Data analysis, chart creation, file modification, and mathematical computation are all made possible by the ChatGPT plugin, also known as the Code Interpreter. A plugin called the ChatGPT Code Interpreter was made to enhance ChatGPT’s functionality and give users access to Python code.
Various Functions of ChatGPT Code Interpreter
According to Open AI, Code Interpreter’s primary functions include data analysis, image conversions, and editing code files.
You can upload various file formats, including:
- Text (.txt,.csv,.json,.xml, etc.)
- Image (.jpg,.png,.gif, etc.)
- Document (.pdf,.docx,.xlsx,.pptx, etc.)
- Code (.py,.js,.html,.css, etc.)
- Data (.csv,.xlsx,.tsv,.json, etc.)
- Audio (.mp3,.wav, etc.)
- Video (.mp4,.avi,.mov, etc.)
Images, Audio, and Video
Code Interpreter may modify photos by applying color modifications, black and white filters, and curve adjustments, but it cannot describe or create images. It cannot translate audio files using Code Interpreter, despite reports that some have done so. However, some people were able to cut the audio’s silent passages, and the outcomes of that were superb.
Additionally, Code Interpreter may trim and alter video files (such as changing the colors) in addition to converting them into other formats, but only for brief and low-resolution videos. There is no explicit file size cap set by Open AI. Some claim to have completed assignments with files up to 170MB with success. However, based on our experience, speed degrades as file size increases and depends on the workload and file type.
Word documents perform better than PDF files while using Code Interpreter. It can only manage text-only PDFs. Images, tables, multi-column layouts, and complex formatting impact its capacity to summarize the text and extract information. It can also convert PDF files to.docx files, although the results are messy unless the file is only text with simple formatting.
With Word files, Code Interpreter can provide specific answers to text-related queries, describe the material, assess the text’s tone, and recommend keywords for search engine optimization based on the subject and content, among other things. The conventional ChatGPT model’s text processing capabilities aren’t considerably different from those of this model. The expanded word limit that comes with the option to upload files is the main improvement.
Based on specified instructions, a code interpreter not only writes but also executes code. It may give you code samples and explanations, help you explore various problem-solving strategies, and give you suggestions when you’re stuck. Your code will be reviewed, improved upon, fixed for errors, and run if you upload it. The main limitation of the ChatGPT environment is that it is unable to download new libraries since it lacks internet access. Therefore, the libraries it supports determine what jobs it can complete.
In terms of data visualization and analysis, Code Interpreter is now leading. The AI improves at handling structured data. You can upload CSV files, Excel spreadsheets, and other file types and give Code Interpreter instructions on how to process, analyze, visualize, and interpret the data.
Benefits and Features of ChatGPT Code Interpreter
- The ChatGPT code interpreter executes your code in a firewalled and sandboxed environment meant to stop any malicious or dangerous acts.
- It can also assist you with data collection, processing, analysis, visualization, and interpretation from various sources. ChatGPT can act as a data analyst.+
- One more thing: you can use ChatGPT as a coding assistant to help you with different tasks like writing, running, testing, debugging, and improving your code.
- Additionally, ChatGPT can be used as an image processor to alter, transform, improve, and create images from text or pre-existing images.
The Process to Configure the Code Interpreter API
2. Examine the Python and Pip versions. To see if Python and Pip are correctly configured, open the Terminal and run the instructions. The commands should provide output that includes their version numbers.
python -version pip -version
3. Download and install the Code Interpreter for the Free API. To install the Code Interpreter API, use the following command:
pip install codeinterpreterapi
4. OpenAI will provide you with an API key. Navigate to the OpenAI website and select “Create new secret key.” Make a copy of the key provided.
How to Use the Free Code Interpreter API
After installing the Code Interpreter for Free API, you can use it for free by performing the following steps:
- Launch a coding editor such as Sublime Text or Notepad++.
- Copy and paste the code below into the code editor.
The code is from the Code Interpreter for Free API’s GitHub page; however, some changes have been made to avoid several issues. Some changes are required in the line 4 model of the function argument gpt-3.5-turbo.” Then in line 7, “Plot the bitcoin chart of 2023 YTD,” changes into “Plot the Apple stock price chart from 2007 to 2023 June.” Then, in the ninth line, if you have access to the GPT-4 API, you can define the “gpt-4” model. Finally, in the fourteenth line, enter your query and specify what you want to produce.
import os os.environ["OPENAI_API_KEY"] = "PASTE THE OPENAI API KEY HERE" from codeinterpreterapi import CodeInterpreterSession async def main(): # create a session session = CodeInterpreterSession(model="gpt-3.5-turbo") await session.astart() # generate a response based on user input response = await session.generate_response("Plot the Apple stock price chart from 2007 to 2023 june") # output the response (text + image) print("AI: ", response.content) for file in response.files: file.show_image() # terminate the session await session.astop() if __name__ == "__main__": import asyncio # run the async function asyncio.run(main())
- Save the file to your desktop as “chart.py.” Remember to include the .py extension at the end.
- Open the Terminal and execute the following instructions in order:
cd Desktoppython chart.py
- Allow a few seconds for the Code Interpreter for the Free API to Generate a chart.
- To see what’s going on in the background, add the following line to the code:
os.environ["VERBOSE"] = "True"
- To generate different charts, alter the query in the code and run the “chart.py” file again.
Make sure ChatGPT can interpret your data file before you upload it. To clear up any misunderstandings, you can describe the data yourself, ask specific questions about the data, and rectify any errors in the response.
What can I do with the free plugin for Code Interpreter?
The code interpreter plugin allows you to perform various tasks, including data analysis, image processing, video editing, and more.
|Home Page||Click Here|