While the call-blocking feature on iPhones and Android phones is fantastic for preventing telemarketers and annoying callers, it can also be used to block individuals with whom we have a strained relationship, as well as to avoid spam callers. Therefore, the goal of this article is to help people who have been unjustly blocked (such as someone you owe money to, etc.), as well as those who urgently need to contact a person for personal or professional reasons.
Before contacting someone who has blocked your number, there are a few things to remember. For instance, it’s essential that you realize that calling someone who has blocked your number might be construed as harassment and could land you in trouble before you try to call them. It is your ethical and moral responsibility to protect your privacy and refrain from calling anyone who does not want to hear from you, even if the person on the other line is unlikely to take any action.
This article is primarily intended to help individuals who are coping with an emergency or have compelling personal reasons to call the person, as was previously mentioned.
How to Find out if someone has blocked your number?
- Your calls are never answered.
What could be the reason for this? Your calls might not get answered for various reasons, including being blocked.
- You listen to a voicemail after one ring. You wouldn’t hear the usual ring pattern if you were blocked. There will be just one ring before the call is disconnected and you hear a message on the voicemail telling you the line is busy.
- There won’t be a single ring before you get an automated response. If you keep getting the same automatic message after phoning, “The subscriber is unavailable,” the receiver may have blocked you.
7 Tips and Tricks to Call a Blocked Number
Dial from an Alternate Number
Borrowing a phone from someone else and calling the person who blocked your number is the simplest way to reach someone who has done so. The person on the other end will get your call and is more likely to answer because the new number you are calling from is not blocked. This will enable you to communicate crucial information to the other person or to resolve any misunderstandings you may have had with them.
Hide the Caller ID and make a Call
If you do not like the idea of calling from another phone number, you can hide the caller ID on your smartphone and make a call to the person who has blocked your number. When you call using a hidden caller ID, your contact’s iPhone or Android phone won’t be able to detect your phone number, and your call will go through. Once you get in touch with the other party, you will be able to convey your message or inform the other person that your number is blocked.
The steps to hide caller ID depend on the type of smartphone that you are using.
Hide the Caller ID on the iPhone:
1. First, go to the settings on your iPhone.
2. In the Settings menu, scroll down and select the “Phone” option.
3. Click on Show My Caller ID.
4. Then, You will now see a toggle switch next to “Show My Caller ID.” Simply toggle it off to hide your Caller ID.
5. A pop-up message will appear, asking you to confirm. Select “Hide My Caller ID” to confirm.
6. To ensure that the changes take effect, reboot your iPhone.
Hide the Caller ID on an Android phone:
1. Open the phone, tap More (or the 3-dot icon), and Settings in the drop-down menu.
2. Next, tap on Settings, then on Calling Accounts.
3. Click on Operator-Related Settings.
4. As you can see, my carrier has disabled this feature
Note: Caller ID blocking will not work on your Android phone if your carrier has disabled this feature. You can try calling the person using other alternatives in such a case.
You should try to delete them first if Truecaller has your name and phone number. Make an effort to remove all of your data and details from the Truecaller app. If you do this, the person you are contacting won’t be able to see your name when you call.
Keep in mind that you can edit or delete your Truecaller name. They can easily view your call details when you call them if you just uninstall the True Caller app from your phone without also removing your information from the database.
Install a third-party app to call a blocked number
In the Google Play Store, there are several apps like “Textme” and “Phoner” that let you generate a random number and call anyone using that number. You may call anyone you want who isn’t even using that specific app using this random number. Additionally, even the recipient would not be able to find your number. The area code would also be produced randomly in this trick, which would make the receiver clueless.
Dial *67 Before the Number
The *67 code will hide your own phone number and show up as a private number or an unknown number to the recipient. Before dialing the number you are willing to call, first dial *67, followed by the number of the recipient. For example: *67-123456789.
Send them a Message or Make a Skype Call
If your WhatsApp number is also blocked and you need to call someone who has blocked you on WhatsApp, this approach may be helpful.
Sending the individual who blocked you an email is an excellent alternative if you know their email address. Your email should be respectful and professional, and you should make sure you have a good reason for getting in touch by keeping it brief and straightforward.
Making a Skype call is another comparable choice. You can call someone using the Skype app if you know their Skype username.
Send Messages on Social Media Applications
Sending them a message on their social media profiles, where they are most active, is an additional choice. It can be Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Twitter, or another social network. After getting blocked by anyone, wait a little before sending a message to the person with whom you want to get connected.
You Can Leave a Voicemail
You can attempt this approach, where all you have to do is leave them a voicemail if you’re trying to get in touch with someone who has blocked your phone number. They are unable to block the voicemail after all.
You can send voice mail in three important ways:
- Using the voicemail function integrated with your phone: In India and many other countries, many smartphones come equipped with a voicemail feature that allows you to leave a voicemail.
- Using a third-party voicemail app: You can send and receive voicemails using a number of third-party voicemail apps.
- Using some voice messaging applications Voicemail messages are supported by a number of messaging apps, including WhatsApp, Telegram, Instagram, Line, and Signal. But if they have these apps installed on their phones, otherwise this strategy won’t work.
When someone blocks your number, they usually try to cut off all ways to contact you. But they can never block your voicemails.
FAQs For How to Call a Blocked Number
In India, is it possible to hide caller ID?
You can hide your caller ID from people you want to remain anonymous while making calls. In India, this is legal. But if someone tells you they don’t want to hear from you, respect their privacy.
Can you call someone with * 67 if they blocked you?
The recipient will see you as an unknown number if you dial *67 before dialing the number.
Can I text someone I’ve blocked?
The person you have banned will not receive your SMS, but you can still text them. Your texts won’t arrive as intended.
Does * 82 unblock your number?
Yes, using *82 before dialing a number can temporarily unblock your caller ID.
Can you call someone with * 67 if they blocked you?
Yes, you can call someone with *67 even if they have blocked your number. When you use *67 before dialing their number, it hides your caller ID, and your number will appear as “Private” or “Blocked” on their phone.
All the methods that can be used to call someone who has blocked you have been covered. We suggest that you refrain from using these to infringe on the privacy of others and only use them for legitimate purposes. Such conduct is not fair to us or to anyone else. I hope this information and article is useful to you.