The West Central Railway Recruitment 2023 notification has declared several positions for sportspersons against the Sports Quota in West Central Railway for the years 2022–23. A total of 10 vacancies are available. Applicants who have the qualification of an ITI/10th pass are eligible to apply for the position. Detailed information about eligibility, age, salary, and the selection process is mentioned in the article below.
West Central Railway Recruitment Overview
All the important information required is tabulated below:
|Recruiter||West Central Railway|
|Job Role||Sportspersons against Sports Quota|
|Total Vacancies||10 Posts|
|Salary||Pay Level 01|
|Last Date||28 May 2023|
WCRR 2023 Sports Eligibility (Hockey, Football, Basketball)
Served the nation and won at least third place in any Category B championships or competitions. OR
Participated in any Category B championships or competitions on behalf of the nation. OR
Served the nation and finished third or higher in any Category R competitions or events, OR
Earned at least a third-place finish in the senior, youth, or junior national championships while representing a state or other comparable body. represented a state and finished third or higher in a national competition run under the Indian Olympic Association’s auspices. OR
Finished at least third in the All India Inter-University Championships while representing a university. OR
Served as a representative for a state or comparable unit and won the Federation Cup Championships. OR
Participated in any category C championships or events while representing a nation. OR
At least third position in the Federation Cup Championships. OR
Represented a state or equivalent unit, except in marathon and cross country, with at least 8th position in senior national champions only.
WCRR 2023: Important dates
West Central Railway is inviting online applications from eligible candidates and sportspersons to fill the 10 vacant positions in the sports quota for the years 2022–23. Some important dates related to WCRR Notification are as follows:
|Opening Date for online Application||29, April 2023|
|Closing Date and Time of Online Application||28, May 2023 at 23:59 Hrs.|
Below are the post-wise details of the vacancy available.
|S.No.||Games||No. of post||Position|
|01||Hockey [M]||02||One Midfielder, One Forward|
|02||Football [M]||06||One Goalkeeper, five football players|
|03||Basketball [M]||02||Two Allrounder|
Eligibility For WCR Recruitment 2023
(As of July 1, 2023)
Minimum 18 years and maximum 25 years as of July 1, 2023. Applicants born between the dates 02/07/1998 and 01/07/2005 are only eligible to apply. There is no age relaxation, either in upper age or lower age, permitted.
10th pass OR ITI OR equivalent OR National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT.
Additional acceptable sports achievements or minimum sports for certain disciplines.
- In hockey (men), for recruitment against the posts having Ievel-2/3 as per the 7th CPC, participation in the international tournaments (senior or junior) of four or more nations may also be considered.
- In hockey (men), semifinalists in the senior national championship may also be considered.
Pay Level 01. All the selected candidates will get a pay range of Rs. 5200–20200 and a grade pay of Rs. 2800–2400.
The eligibility of the applicants for the vacancy will be examined and scrutinized by the scrutiny committee on the basis of the information and details given by the applicants in the online application based on the eligibility conditions mentioned above. The proper procedure for selection is as follows:
- All eligible candidates will be called for trial, and after the trial, only the FIT candidates will be assessed for the next stage of recruitment.
- Maximum marks can be awarded by the Trial Committee for performance during the Trial and Recruitment Committee during this stage.
- For game skill, physical fitness, and the coach’s observation during trials: 40 marks
- For assessment of recognised sports achievements as per norms: 50 Marks
- Educational Qualification: 10 Marks
- Total Marks: 100 Marks
- Qualifying Marks: 60
Distribution of Marks
Trials of the candidates will be conducted to examine their capabilities and performance. Then the trial committee will decide whether the candidate is FIT OR NOT FIT, for consideration for the next stage by granting them the marks as per the criteria mentioned below:
|1.||For Game skill, physical fitness and coach’s observation during trials||40 Marks|
|2.||FIT Candidate||Candidate securing 25 Marks or more|
|3.||NOT FIT Candidate||Candidate Securing Marks below 25 Marks|
The Recruitment Committee shall give marks out of 60 to all those candidates and sportspersons who were considered FIT candidates for their sports achievement and educational qualifications. Applicants considered “not NOT FIT will be further assessed by the recruitment committee.
The examination fee is Rs 500, with a provision for refunding Rs 400 to those who are found eligible as per the notification and who actually appear in the trial after deducting the bank charges.
The examination fee is Rs 250/- for candidates belonging to ST/ST/Ex-servicemen/Women/Minorities/Economic Backward Classes, with a provision for refunding to those who are found eligible as per the notification and who actually appear in the trial after deducting the bank charges.
How to Apply for WCRR Recruitment 2023
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the job online on their official website by May 28, 2023, up to 11.59 p.m.
- Visit the website of WCR at www.wcr.indianrailways.gov.in.
- The path is as follows: About us: Recruitment: Railway Recruitment Cell; Sports Quota Notification: Notification for Sports Quota Recruitment Level-1 (2022-23)
- Click on “Notification’ to read the instructions.
- Click on “New Registration” for the registration number.
- Login with your registration number and password.
- Fill out the details and upload the photograph, signature, and documents.
- Click on “Examination Fee” and submit the fee by selecting the payment category.
Important points to keep in mind while applying are as follows:
- It is recommended that applicants print out their applications because they must be produced at the time of the selection trial.
- It is advised that candidates have their Registration Number on hand for future phases of the hiring process and interactions with the RRC.
- All applicants who are chosen for positions through the sports quota will serve a two-year probationary term.
- Depending on the actual needs of the Railway Administration, the number of openings listed in this notification may later be reduced or even become null.
Who is eligible for the railroad’s sports quota?
As of July 1, 2023, the maximum age requirement was 18 years old. Only those who were born between 02/07/1998 and 01/07/2005 are allowed to apply. There is no age relaxation, neither for those who are older nor for those who are younger.
What is the sports quota remuneration for Indian Railways?
Selected athletes would receive salaries ranging from Rs. 5200 to Rs. 20200 and a graded salary of Rs. 2800 to 2400.
How can I fulfil my sporting quota?
Colleges often give the sports certificate 40% weight and the candidate’s performance in the game for which they awarded the certificate 60% weight. During the sports trial, fundamental skills, general playing ability, and sport-specific fitness are examined.
Are there any reservations available in the sports quota?
Karnataka government to provide a 2 per cent reservation to sportspersons in all state departments.
|Home Page||Click Here|